[darcs-users] darcs patch: eliminate autogeneration of Workaround.hs (and 1 more)

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Thu Sep 18 18:33:06 UTC 2008

Hi all,

Here are a few build-system simplifications.  With the addition of one
file + franchise (see darcs get http://darcs.net/repos/franchise),
this allows me to cross-compile windows binaries using wine, by
eliminating the dependency on the presence of sh, gnu make or perl.
The franchise build isn't yet close to on par with the autoconf/make
build, since I haven't finished teaching it to build the docs, the
ChangeLog, the AUTHORS file, to run any of the test suite, use
libcurl, etc.  But the testing functionality is there, it uses libwww
if it's present, uses HTTP if it's present, checks for native libz or
haskell zlib package, etc.  So the functionality is there to finish
this up.

This particular set of patches just cleans up the build to be less
reliant on autoconf.  It also probably breaks the ghc 6.4 build, so
it's probably better for a post-2.0.3 kind of change (so I'm not
pushing this just yet).

David

Thu Sep 18 11:01:44 EDT 2008  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
  * eliminate autogeneration of Workaround.hs

Thu Sep 18 14:20:15 EDT 2008  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
  * make various autoconf simplifications.