[darcs-users] darcs patch: clarify the short help for --pipe (and 3 more)

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Sun Sep 21 21:20:03 UTC 2008

I'm pushing the first two of these and the last one straight to stable.
Thanks, Simon and sorry for the delay!

---------------------------------
> -pipe = DarcsNoArgOption [] ["pipe"] Pipe "expect to receive input from a pipe"
> +pipe = DarcsNoArgOption [] ["pipe"] Pipe "ask user interactively for the patch metadata"

user manual corrections regarding what record and tag --pipe prompt for

manual: simplify tag --pipe example to show just the new prompts introduced by this option
> Simon Michael <simon at joyful.com>**20080918205234] hunk ./src/Darcs/Commands/Tag.lhs 136
>  \begin{verbatim}
>   What is the date? Mon Nov 15 13:38:01 EST 2004
>   Who is the author? David Roundy
> - What is the version name? 3.0
> - Finished tagging patch 'TAG 3.0'
>  \end{verbatim}

Is this really a good thing for us to be doing?  It seems like it would
be more comfortable for somebody reading the documentation to see things
in context

manual: add an example of record --pipe prompts similar to tag --pipe docs
> +which to provide the input. Here's an example of what the \verb!--pipe!
> +prompts look like:
> +
> +\begin{verbatim}
> + What is the date? Mon Nov 15 13:38:01 EST 2004
> + Who is the author? David Roundy
> + What is the log? One or more comment lines
> +\end{verbatim}

I'm pushing this too, but see my comments for the above.

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9