[darcs-users] darcs patch: eliminate autogeneration of Workaround.hs (and 1 more)

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Mon Sep 22 12:22:47 UTC 2008

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 08:10:51 -0400, David Roundy wrote:
> >> +#ifdef WIN32
> >> +path_separator = '\\'
> >> +#else
> >> +path_separator = '/'
> >> +#endif
> >
> > Due to 64 bit Windows, it may be a good idea to rename it our WIN32
> > ifdef to just WINDOWS and darcs mv src/win32 as well.
>
> We could, but as far as I know, the API is still called win32.  Does
> ghc support the creation of 64 bit windows code?

Comments, Simon?

> > Maybe we should create a System.Posix.Signals in src/win32?
>
> Not a bad idea, but probably it should be a secondary refactor.

Another thought I had after sending this.

Instead of having a single Workaround module, maybe we could have an
entire module hierarchy, the goal being to make it very ease to see
what exactly we are trying to work around, for example

  import Workaround.System.Posix.Signals

or

  import Workaround.Control.Exception

(although this is now obsolete in the recent refactor)

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9