[darcs-users] the latest test failures on Windows

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Mon Sep 22 16:01:47 UTC 2008

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 09:13:26 -0600, zooko wrote:
>>   Perhaps a workaround is to somehow tell Cygwin that its
>> /tmp is actually C:\tmp because on Windows, the path '\' refers to the
>> root of the current drive.
>
> This sounds like a good workaround -- maybe configure the Windows
> buildslave with the environment variable TMP="c:\tmp" and see if Perl
> uses that variable.

Yeah, we should try something like this.

> Another would be to install a Windows version of Perl, but I'm loathe to
> mess with such things.

Understood... I suppose MSYS ships a more Windows-y Perl

> Another would be to rewrite that test into sh, which seems to be the
> trend.  :-)

We should probably rewrite what we can into sh.  I think the match tests
are too sophisticated to do with Perl... but maybe we could convert them
into Haskell unit tests instead (they are sort of a cross between unit
tests for the date parsing and functional tests for date interpretation
in the messy real world of timezones and what not).

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9