[darcs-users] darcs patch: Move repository creation to Darcs.Reposi... (and 3 more)

Trent W. Buck trentbuck at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 01:46:08 UTC 2008

"Jason Dagit" <dagit at codersbase.com> writes:
> I vote for making 2.0 the default format, but I can do that for myself
> in my defaults, so if you feel safer with a warning that's fine with
> me too.

+1

Defaults should do the Right Thing for new users (because they are the
least able to override defaults), and I believe it's more Right for a
new user to get darcs 2 semantics than to create new repositories that
are compatible with obsolete releases.

FWIW, several times co-workers have complained to me about a darcs
behaviour and the response basically turned out to be "just copy my
~/.darcs/defaults and worry about it later".  The most obvious would be
ALL no-set-default and ALL unified.