[darcs-users] darcs patch: rewrite push_coalesce_patch to avoid cal... (and 1 more)

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Wed Sep 24 16:24:07 UTC 2008

Here are a couple of optimization patches.  They shouldn't be very
important, so I think these are post-2.0.3 changes.  It's just Eric's
patch to the line of code using those lengthFLs made me look at that
code, and calling lengthFL there is just stupid.  The toSimple
optimization will make it not usually be a big deal, though.  Only
when people make lots of changes including a rmdir or a setpref.  Thus
the latter fix.  But since this isn't a common case, we may as well
leave these changes for after 2.0.3 is released (i.e. I'm not pushing
just yet).  I would appreciate a review, though.

David

Wed Sep 24 12:15:17 EDT 2008  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
  * rewrite push_coalesce_patch to avoid calls to lengthFL.

Wed Sep 24 12:20:22 EDT 2008  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
  * keep changepref patches from breaking the toSimple optimization.