[darcs-users] [darcs-devel] buildbot failure in darcs on zooko allmydata slave3 Linux-2.6.15 Ubuntu-6.06.2 LTS i386

zooko zooko at zooko.com
Wed Sep 24 19:31:14 UTC 2008

Okay I looked into this and it wouldn't be convenient for me to
install a newer GHC on my Ubuntu Dapper (6.06) box, so instead I
removed this box from the buildbot.

This shows that darcs no longer builds easily on Ubuntu Dapper 6.06,
but I don't think that this is too much of a concern -- darcs still
*runs* fine on Ubuntu Dapper if built on a newer Ubuntu (or if built
by someone who installs a newer GHC onto their Ubuntu Dapper system).

Ubuntu users, as a rule, don't like installing any software on their
system that doesn't come in the form of an apt repository containing
debs, so the best way for darcs to support Ubuntu dapper in the
future is to host such a repository, like this one contributed by
Iain Lane:

https://launchpad.net/~laney/+archive

Hm, I see that Iain Lane has Gutsy, Hardy, and Intrepid in there but
not Dapper.  Too bad.

An even better improvement in the future would of course be to
automate the production of .deb files like these.

Regards,

Zooko
---
http://allmydata.org -- Tahoe, the Least-Authority Filesystem