[darcs-users] darcs patch: Make FileName.drop_dotdot work with abso... (and 2 more)

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Thu Sep 25 20:15:05 UTC 2008

On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 4:02 PM, David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 11:06:23AM -0700, Dmitry Kurochkin wrote:
>> Is there any reason not to use System.Directory.canonicalizePath in
>> ioAbsolute? It seems to do just what we need.
> I'm also still not entirely comfortable with the decision to rely on
> the filepath package and break compatibility with ghc 6.4, so I'd
> rather keep the number of uses down, for the moment.

Ooops.  I failed to pay attention to where canonicalizePath was
located, so this is irrelevant.  But the issue still holds that its
behavior is undocumented, and so the source code would have to be
examined before we could could seriously consider this move.  Note
that two functions above canonicalizePath in the haddock page is a
function whose description doesn't match its behavior.

David