[darcs-users] buildbot, --with-typewitnesses, and ghc 6.6

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Fri Sep 26 11:31:50 UTC 2008

Hi all,

Zooko: when you next pull buildbot patches, please
  (a) copy localcfg.py.example to localcfg.py and
  (b) set both variables within it to False

I have taken some steps to lower the barrier to entry for people to
work on the buildbot configuration.  See below

On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 15:40:37 -0700, Jason Dagit wrote:
> The idea is that, we only have proper witnesses for part of the source
> (everything in the witnesses target in the make file) and the witnesses are
> a compile time test, so we don't gain anything by trying to run the tests on
> that compilation flag.

Thanks for the reminder! Indeed, running the test suite with witnesses
does not make much sense because we can't yet build all of darcs with
them.  In any case, I have gone ahead and added a build step so that we
are building both with and without witnesses.  I don't think this step
is all the useful now because the maintainers already are building with
witnesses, but maybe in the future it will be handy.  For now, it just
means we'll be extra sure we can compile with witnesses.

> > We need a Buildbot Wrangler!

I have updated the buildbot configuration so that it lends itself to a
very quick start.  All you have to do is obtain buildbot from your
favourite package manager (e.g. MacPorts) and copy and paste a sequence
of steps from http://code.haskell.org/darcs/buildbot/README

Instant buildbot.

Modifying the buildbot is then pretty easy, even if you don't know any
Python.

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9