[darcs-users] darcs patch: resolve issue1043: fix bug in mergeAfterConflicting.

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Fri Sep 26 21:01:49 UTC 2008

Hi all,

Here's a bug fix for issue1043, which was a pretty scary bug in the
conflict-handling code for the darcs-2 formalism.  I had failed to
take into account a possible scenario (which I wrongly thought was
impossible).  I've fixed that by switching to using in
mergeAfterConflicting a variant of commute which doesn't allow
conflicting patches to commute, which seems to solve the problem.

David

Fri Sep 26 16:59:41 EDT 2008  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
  * resolve issue1043: fix bug in mergeAfterConflicting.
  This is moderately deep in the internals of the darcs-2 conflict
  handling code.  I had made an assumption that turned out not to be
  correct.  I fix this by switching to use a variant of the commute
  function that doesn't allow conflicting patches to commute, which I
  think should restore correctness here.  It's a scary bug, though, and
  if anyone were to create a moderately small test case, I'd be
  extremely grateful.