[darcs-users] issue27.sh is still sporadically buggy

zooko zooko at zooko.com
Sat Sep 27 14:14:11 UTC 2008

On Sep 27, 2008, at 5:36 AM, David Roundy wrote:

> No, I don't.  Do you know if  the buildbots run  the bugs tests?

What are the bugs tests?

There are two ways that you can see on public web pages what the
buildbots do.  The first is that they log the complete transcript of
all commands the execute to a web page.  The waterfall has a series
of build steps (each of the colored rectangles):

http://buildbot.darcs.net/waterfall

And each colored rectangle has a hyperlink that shows a complete
transcript of what commands were issued and what all the resulting
stdout/stderr was, as well as all of the environment variables that
were set when the command was issued:

http://buildbot.darcs.net/builders/zooko%20nooxie%20Solaris-5.11%
20nexenta-20070704%20x86_64/builds/77/steps/test/logs/stdio

That shows that the only command that was issued in that particular
build step was "sh -c make test".

The other way you can tell what buildbot does is look at the
master.cfg file which is linked to from the buildbot.darcs.net front
page:

http://buildbot.darcs.net/master.cfg

Look at the function defined with "def make_factory".  After giving
your eyes a few minutes to adjust to the unfamiliar syntax and names,
you'll see that it runs "make test" and "make test_network".  I don't
see anything that says "bugs" in it.

Regards,

Zooko
---