[darcs-users] Goodbye Darcs

Mark Stosberg mark at summersault.com
Sun Sep 28 21:54:20 UTC 2008

> But you've aged. Good ideas behind you were adopted by youth

For me, seeing other projects adapt some of the designs and features of
darcs has been particularly satifying to see. darcs has been an
important influence on the ecosystem of developing source control
systems.

'svk' was very intentional about modeling some of darcs interface, and I
also see darcs influence showing up in 'git', as in "git commit
--interactive"

Although, I must say I was sorely disappointed when I tried "git commit
--interactive" recently.  I wanted to do an interactive record of
different hunks in a single file and it didn't seem to be possible!

    Mark

--
http://mark.stosberg.com/