[darcs-users] The bug tracker seems to be ignoring email

Simon Michael simon at joyful.com
Tue Sep 30 00:21:10 UTC 2008

Jason Dagit wrote:
> I'm not sure of the full extent, but I know at a minimum the bug tracker
> is ignoring emails for new bugs.  I just sent one in, and in never
> appeared.  I checked the moderation queue, the message in not hiding
> there.  I checked http://bugs.darcs.net and no new bug was generated.
> It seems that the message has been ignored.

Right you are, thanks for the report.

It's unsatisfactory that this can happen without roundup-admin (me) or
the roundup.log being notified.

Three other logfiles might help: /var/log/exim4/{main,reject}log and
/var/log/postgresql/postgresql-8.1-main.log. I can't read these but I
can see their timestamp.

It appears to me that sending mail to the tracker seems to cause exim
mainlog and roundup log to be updated, but not rejectlog or postgres
log. (Strange that even on maximum verbosity, roundup.log shows very
little during normal operation. When I do things from the python prompt
it shows every sql query.)

That's as far as I can go right now. Perhaps David can grant me read
permission on those logs or can investigate this or us. Other ideas welcome!