[darcs-users] Darcs 2 Binary on Solaris/SPARC?

zooko zooko at zooko.com
Tue Sep 30 12:53:51 UTC 2008

On Sep 29, 2008, at 16:46 PM, Elliott Slaughter wrote:

> Any suggestions would be welcome, thanks in advance.

Well, as an interim measure you should just use the darcs-1.0.8
binary that is already available.  I think it will serve nicely for
all your current needs.

Next, please ask some GHC hackers what is wrong with the Solaris/
SPARC GHC binary.  I believe Solaris is supposed to support both 32-
bit and 64-bit executables on the 64-bit platform, so you shouldn't
need a different GHC binary just because you have a 64-bit platform.

Finally, volunteer to operate a buildbot on your Solaris/SPARC
machine.  :-)

Regards,

Zooko
---