[darcs-users] darcs patch: Relegate outdated documentation to appendices.

Trent W.Buck trentbuck at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 08:01:56 UTC 2009

See also http://bugs.darcs.net/issue1312.

Wed Apr  1 18:57:43 EST 2009  Trent W. Buck <trentbuck at gmail.com>
  * Relegate outdated documentation to appendices.
  The information on switching from CVS or Arch, and for building Darcs
  against GHC 4.4, were the very first chapters in the user manual.
  This reflected very poorly on us, since it makes it look like Darcs
  hasn't been actively maintained since CVS and Arch were our serious
  competitors.  Similarly, many of our users *never* compile Darcs --
  they use pre-built binaries.  Therefore actually *using* Darcs should
  be the first part of the manual.

  Long term I think these sections should be moved onto the wiki, where
  they can be kept up-to-date by end users.  Right now, just move them
  to be appendices as a minimally invasive first step.