[darcs-users] [Haskell-cafe] Reverting to any old version using Darcs

Peter Verswyvelen bugfact at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 21:39:15 UTC 2009

Oh I checked the docs. But I don't thrust the docs yet, I value the words of
the community higher. Since we're using Darcs to guard our hard work, I
thought I better double check  :-)
I'm not really a newbie when it comes to source control actually. I wrote a
full blown version control system myself several years time ago (closed
source, NTFS only, C#/C++, project for a customer), albeit much simpler than
Darcs. It did figure out all file and folder additions, renames, moves,
edits and multi-project dependencies fully automatically though, so the
biggest problems I usually see in teams - namely forgetting to add files,
forgetting to check in dependencies and the inability the merge after
renames or moves - did not exist. Forgetting to add a file can be a nasty
one, since if you discover that too late, the original file at patch time
might not exist anymore (how do you guys solve this? Just plain discipline I
guess?). I actually tried to make a patch model like Darcs, but failed big
time, my head almost exploded trying to understand it ;-)