[darcs-users] feature request: darcs show files for a particular rev / moment in time of repo

Thomas Hartman thomashartman1 at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 2 22:38:37 UTC 2009

I would like to be able to use the flags

  --match=PATTERN       select a single patch matching PATTERN
  -p REGEXP  --patch=REGEXP        select a single patch matching REGEXP
  -t REGEXP  --tag=REGEXP          select tag matching REGEXP

for

darcs query files (aka darcs show files)

Currently, these flags work for

darcs query contents

but not files.

I think

  -n N-M     --index=N-M           select a range of patches

makes no sense in a query files context, but I could be overlooking
something, in which case I would want that too.

The ability to get an idea of repository state at a point in time would
enable me to implement github-style repository browsing for patch-tag

I am currently looking at another way to do this, based on (ab)using
filestore library functions, but it's a bit of a kludge.

Of course, I need this mainly for doing directory listings at a
point-in-time. darcs query files for a single file should just list the file
if it exists, otherwise an error message, I think.

--
Thomas Hartman

Darcs hosting: patch-tag.com
The elegance of haskell, the simplicity of php: happstack.com