[darcs-users] Reverting to any old version using Darcs

Trent W. Buck trentbuck at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 01:06:40 UTC 2009

Simon Michael <simon at joyful.com> writes:

> I'm learning useful things in this thread.
>
> Ketil Malde wrote:
>> I've done this once, but with the cabal dependencies, not darcs.  Thus
>> the uploaded sdist was missing one of the source files, and
>> consequently failed to build.
>
> I have a pre-release make target where I test everything I can think
> of. I think it prevents the above, am I right ?

Dunno.

>  # run pre-release checks: cabal is happy, the code builds, tests
> pass..
>  check: setversion unittest doctest haddocktest
>    cabal clean
>    cabal check
>    cabal configure
>    cabal build
>
>    dist/build/hledger/hledger test 2>&1 | tail -1 | grep -q 'Errors: 0
> Failures: 0'                                                   |

You'd also want to test

    cabal haddock
    cabal test
    cabal copy "$(TMPDIR="$PWD" mktemp -dt yow.XXXXXX)"    # untested

IMO even if your tests aren't implemented in Setup.lhs, you should still
teach "cabal test" how to run them.  That helps distributors like me
automatically run the test -- i.e. you get testing "for free" because we
don't have to go out of our way to turn it on.