[darcs-users] docs duplication

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Mon Apr 6 02:08:07 UTC 2009

On Wed, Apr 01, 2009 at 13:44:52 -0700, Simon Michael wrote:
> The manual's "Patch relationships" section is duplicated in Prim.lhs and
> Commute.lhs. They diverge around Commute.lhs line 404.
>
> I believe the manual build process is using Prim and ignoring Commute,
> or maybe just ignoring the duplicated section.

Looking at the graphical diff, my impression is that the Commute
documentation is older and refers to lots of darcs-1-specific stuff.

> I'm inclined to remove the duplicated section from Commute. But I don't
> want to do anything hasty here, since docs is a multi-dimensional issue.
>  What do you think is best ?

I wonder if you could cut the duplicated section from Commute, and
somehow reflow things to make this a section on darcs-1 merging.
But naturally, I defer to Trent on these matters of documentation.

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9