[darcs-users] [issue1413] remove duplicate documentation

Trent W. Buck trentbuck at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 06:47:25 UTC 2009

Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net> writes:

> On Wed, Apr 01, 2009 at 13:44:52 -0700, Simon Michael wrote:
>> The manual's "Patch relationships" section is duplicated in Prim.lhs and
>> Commute.lhs. They diverge around Commute.lhs line 404.
>>
>> I believe the manual build process is using Prim and ignoring Commute,
>> or maybe just ignoring the duplicated section.
>
> Looking at the graphical diff, my impression is that the Commute
> documentation is older and refers to lots of darcs-1-specific stuff.

I can look at the docs, but the code in Patch scares me.

I've deleted the identical parts of Commute.  However I can see that
there's also duplication between Core and Prim.  Which should I keep?

For example,

$ grep -r 'which the composition' *
Core.lhs:which the composition \( P^{ -1} P \) makes no changes to the tree.
Prim.lhs:which the composition \( P^{ -1} P \) makes no changes to the tree.