[darcs-users] Fwd: Darcs bug (Neil Mitchell)

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 20:39:36 UTC 2009

I have now replicated this issue with:

Running: darcs get --partial --repo-name=temp/base http://darcs.haskell.org/ghc-
6.10/packages/base --tag="base 4.0.0.0"
darcs: failed to read patch:
Wed May 28 01:38:30 GMT Daylight Time 2008  Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>
  tagged 2008-05-28
C:/Neil/hoogle/data/generate/temp/base/_darcs/patches/20080528003830-3fd76-feac6
2e381b4ec95be9553256c59e5770ac48fcc.gz: openBinaryFile: does not exist (No such
file or directory)
Command failed

I have now downgraded to darcs 1.0.9, which works perfectly. It would
be useful if the website gave links to 1.0 series versions of darcs,
for when such bugs occur. This particular invocation is being run
through a script, so I can't do the manual workaround of init/pull.

Thanks

Neil