[darcs-users] Type witness, phase 2

Ganesh Sittampalam ganesh at earth.li
Wed Apr 8 21:25:11 UTC 2009

On Wed, 8 Apr 2009, Ben Moseley wrote:

> This all sounds good - what's the best thing to look at next?

I'd suggest looking at the RIO type and how it might be used (though not
necessarily with the assumption that the current formulation of that type
is correct.)

> Are there a bunch of relevant issues in the bug tracker? (I couldn't see a
> topic there which obviously corresponded to the witness work). Or is it best
> to dive into the code (maybe reading through some of the existing witnesses
> modules?)

I don't think there's anything on the bug tracker - suggest you dive into
the code. Make sure you understand what the existing witness work
(primarily on patches) does before thinking about how it'll work for
repositories.

Jason can probably add more detail or correct me. I haven't (yet) looked
at the code very carefully.

Cheers,

Ganesh