[darcs-users] Theory of Patches

Daniel Carrera daniel.carrera at theingots.org
Fri Apr 10 16:06:01 UTC 2009

Eric Kow wrote:
> PS. Meanwhile, we're working on switching our wiki to Gitit, which lets
>     us use darcs as a back end.  This is waiting on the moin stuff to be
>     converted and uploaded, as I understand it.
>     http://test.darcs.net

Making a whole website with text files plus a wiki seems odd. It's hard
to imagine it having good navigation. How would you feel if only the
documentation was made with darcs + markdown + Pandoc?

It seems reasonable enough to want to convert documentation to other
formats and track it with  VCS. So using darcs + markdown + pandoc for
that seems reasonable. But why would you ever want to export the dowload
page to PDF? or the front page? or the support page?

In turn, using a CMS will give you a nicer-looking page, with menus and
trees and stuff to help people locate pages quickly. The CMS page can
just link to the manual as an external link.

Daniel.