[darcs-users] darcs patch: add test for issue1406

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Fri Apr 10 22:39:23 UTC 2009

Hi Adam,

Could you revise the script as requested?  Feel free to say no; I just
like to encourage as much participation from users as I can, to the
point of tidying up test cases!  The hope is that this it makes it
easier for you in the future when you have another bug to report (then
you'll know how to speed things along)

Also, Trent, perhaps example.sh and
  http://wiki.darcs.net/index.html/RegressionTests
need to be saying more?

Many thanks!

PS. I feel justified top-posting in this context since I referring
    to the message as a whole and not responding to any parts of it,
    but maybe I'm just being sloppy :-)

On Mon, Apr 06, 2009 at 12:45:58 +1000, Trent W. Buck wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 05, 2009 at 10:36:33PM -0400, Adam Vogt wrote:
> > I intentionally didn't set -e because I don't know how to use that and
> > have the script ignore the failure that the script from exiting on the
> > failure that must happen on the amend-record.
>
> Assuming I've understood you correctly, with not().
>
> > The other suggestions wouldn't be bad, though explicit copyright and
> > licencing for a (hopefully transient) test case seems pretty excessive: I
> > imagine actually fixing the bug (only affects old-style repos) would
> > probably be less effort :)
>
> You ought to be able to just copy-and-paste it from one of the other
> recently edited tests or bugs.  I think being picky about license
> declarations is a good habit for a FOSS community to get into.
>
> PS: please post in context, trimming irrelevant quotation; I find
> "top-posting" hard to read.

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9