[darcs-users] Theory of Patches

Daniel Carrera daniel.carrera at theingots.org
Sat Apr 11 10:05:03 UTC 2009

Trent W. Buck wrote:
>> http://darcs.daniel.carrera.bz/
>> IMO it actually looks nice.
>
> I respectfully disagree.  It uses tables (instead of CSS)

Look, it's just a theme, there are a hundred themes. There is a CSS-only
version of this theme. Keep in mind I only spent 24 minutes on this.
It's crazy that you nit-pick like this. You said that it would be
extremely hard to setup. I proved you I could do it in 24min. Switching
to a CSS-only version of the same theme is trivial.

> The front page also has some accessibility warnings (note that many are
> usually false positives):
>
> $ curl -s http://darcs.daniel.carrera.bz/ | tidy --accessibility-check 3 >/dev/null
> line 121 column 3 - Warning: missing <td>

I did this in 24min. How do you think it looks to me when I see you
doing a test like this on a website that was purposely made quickly?
Incidentally, this website has pretty good accessibility and usability
compared to most websites. The text has a good contrast with the
background, it's not overly busy, etc.

> For further advice on how to make your pages accessible
> see http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL and http://www.aprompt.ca/Tidy/accessibilitychecks.html.
> . You may also want to try
> "http://www.cast.org/bobby/" which is a free Web-based
> service for checking URLs for accessibility.
>
> To learn more about HTML Tidy see http://tidy.sourceforge.net
> Please fill bug reports and queries using the "tracker" on the Tidy web site.
> Additionally, questions can be sent to html-tidy at w3.org
> HTML and CSS specifications are available from http://www.w3.org/
> Lobby your company to join W3C, see http://www.w3.org/Consortium

Are you trying to insult me?

You think I have never heard of WAI or Tidy?

Daniel.