[darcs-users] Theory of Patches

Daniel Carrera daniel.carrera at theingots.org
Sun Apr 12 11:25:36 UTC 2009

Trent W. Buck wrote:
> As Eric has already made a policy decision, this response is merely to
> clarify one or two points.
>
> Daniel Carrera <daniel.carrera at theingots.org> writes:
>>> We'll just have to disagree on this point.
>> Damn it, have you even seen it?
>
> I looked at the demo you produced.

That's the extent of your knowledge of Drupal but you are adamant that
it is hard to use and setup? I setup Drupal in 24min. Yesterday I saw
you spend longer than that just trying to get gitit to work. But you are
adamant that Drupal is hard to setup and gitit is easy?

> Because I hate CMSs.

So you use your personal bias to jump to conclusions and make sweeping
statements about tools you don't know about.

>> I've seen people who are seriously clueless pick up Drupal instantly.
>
> I'm not interested in making things easy for the clueless.  I'm
> interested in making things easy for me.

I'm interested in making things easy to find and easy to understand for
darcs users.

> Because I'm a rude and selfish bastard, and I don't care if I offend
> people or hurt their feelings.  And I hate the very idea of CMSs, so I
> get emotional when someone advocates adopting one for the project for
> which I am de facto documentation manager.

Indeed.

Daniel.