[darcs-users] darcs patch: Edit Front Page (and 9 more)

Daniel Carrera daniel.carrera at theingots.org
Sun Apr 12 17:46:03 UTC 2009

Daniel Carrera wrote:
> What do you think of "patch commutation"?

A less mathematical alternative to this is 'Patch Flipping'. Either way,
we have a term that is actually fairly accurate, and gives you a
reasonable idea of what Darcs does. So I hope that it will address
Stephen's very valid concerns. Btw Stephen, you *are* right that "Smart
Patches" is fuzzy and imprecise and has no clear meaning. It was just
the best I could do at the time.

In any case, I'm confident I can rewrite the documentation in terms of
'Patch Flipping' (or similar).

Daniel.