[darcs-users] moin to gitit migration

Trent W. Buck trentbuck at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 05:51:56 UTC 2009

trentbuck at gmail.com (Trent W. Buck) writes:

>> There's a tool to turn moin history into gitit (darcs) history, but
>> the bestest version is still sitting on my desk.  I'll try to get that
>> done tomorrow.
>
> I have finished the code to migrate moin revision history into a Darcs
> repository, preserving the author and timestamp metadata.  Along the way
> I also got rid of some, but not all, of the spam history.
>
> Unfortunately while doing so I managed to badly break the VM server on
> which I was working, such that it's /proc is not accessible and it won't
> listen when I tell it to reboot.  This has slowed progress; I intend to
> pop into the office tomorrow to reboot the server in question.

Done.  It turns out that the conversion script is a reliable way to
crash OpenVZ and the hardware node it's running on.  Sigh.  By means of
point sticks and abuse of root access to the hardware node, I have
gotten the grunt work done.

At http://code.haskell.org/public_html/DarcsWiki.tar.lzma you can get
the converted moinmoin wiki as a Darcs repo.  Some of the spam has been
pre-conversion removed, but someone needs to go through and "darcs
obliterate" a lot more of it.  This repo uses moinmoin markup still, but
the full patch history has been preserved, including the author's
username, email address and commit date.  Hooray!

Yeah, and sorry about all the delays so far...