[darcs-users] moin to gitit migration

Gwern Branwen gwern0 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 15:41:03 UTC 2009

On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 11:04 AM, Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 15:40:24 +0100, Eric Kow wrote:
>> On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 10:28:39 -0400, Gwern Branwen wrote:
>> > This is good news. Eric, what do you say to setting up a fresh Gitit
>> > wiki with this content today/ASAP?
>>
>> I would say "fire at will!" (I can standby if help is needed)
>
> Hmm, it occurred to me that you might have been asking for a whole new
> gitit instance.  What I've done (instead) was to retire our DWN
> experiment and just switch http://test.darcs.net over to the moinmoin
> content in its place.
>
> I've also made a symlink so that you can do:
>
>  darcs get --lazy http://darcs.net/darcs-wiki
>
> Plus I've added the prefs so that you should be able to email patches.
>
> Now what?
>
> --
> Eric Kow <http://www.nltg.brighton.ac.uk/home/Eric.Kow>

Yes, all that is basically what I meant! I guess now we could could
set the moinmoin wiki to read-only, and begin setting up a nice Front
Page for the gitit wiki on the lines of the Drupal thread. Someone
could work on the default template.html to link to Download etc. as
was suggested by someone.

--
gwern