[darcs-users] moin to gitit migration

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Tue Apr 14 09:19:34 UTC 2009

Hi John,

Thanks for your help on this

On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 20:31:37 -0700, John MacFarlane wrote:
> parses the whole thing, and returns the head of the list. Is there a
> command that returns just the last change made that affects the given
> file? I tried adding "--last=1", but that seems to count back in the
> global patch stack, not in the patches affecting [filename].
>
> In git we can just do
>
>     git rev-list --max-count=1 HEAD -- [filename]
>
> which is very fast.  I'm sure there's something comparable in darcs?

I don't think there is.  I wouldn't be against adding a --max-count
switch which only returns N matching results.  I've filed
http://bugs.darcs.net/issue1437 for comment.

There's been some confusion about what --last is supposed to do (and
your analysis that it counts back in the global patch stack sounds
right).  See http://bugs.darcs.net/issue92

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9