[darcs-users] An example of a "complicated" change?

Lele Gaifax lele at nautilus.homeip.net
Tue Apr 14 09:45:42 UTC 2009

On Tue, 14 Apr 2009 15:38:17 +1000
trentbuck at gmail.com (Trent W. Buck) wrote:

> To further confuse matters, "hg log" and "hg diff" claim that the
> merge patch contains not only the conflict resolution, but *EVERY*
> change that has happened to EITHER branch since the point of
> divergence.  For this reason, I just gave up trying to review
> incoming hg patches in the way that we do here on darcs-users.
> (Possibly there is an option to "fix" the log/diff operations, and
> I'm simply unaware of it.)

Yeah, this is the most disturbing feature of hg, IMHO. I gave up
darcsifying a few 3rd party mercurial repositories, because the
resulting darcs repo were polluted by non-sense (in my darcsish view)
rubbish.

ciao, lele.
--
nickname: Lele Gaifax    | Quando vivrò di quello che ho pensato ieri
real: Emanuele Gaifas    | comincerò ad aver paura di chi mi copia.