[darcs-users] Whitespace adjustment patch type?

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Wed Apr 15 08:26:48 UTC 2009

Trent W. Buck writes:

 > Certainly in a language like Lisp I don't feel any real need to do
 > "inline" alignment.  I don't know if that's a property of the
 > language, or me, or an amalgam of both.

I think it's probably a function of how often you write literal
arrays.  I do things like

(defvar addrexp-folder-alist
  '(("python-dev at python\\.org"      "python-dev")
    ("@python\\.org"                "python-nec")
    ("xemacs-services at xemacs\\.org" "xemacs-services")
    ("administrators at tux\\.org"     "xemacs-services")
    ;; etc etc
   ))

all the time.  I think it's vastly more readable than