[darcs-users] another darcs-wiki-on-gitit demo

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Wed Apr 15 14:10:25 UTC 2009

Hi Simon,

 (whoops! I forgot to mention you in the overview I posted a second ago)

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 16:22:55 -0700, Simon Michael wrote:
> - moin's ''' syntax is broken by "smart punctuation" when the content is
> served by gitit. Didn't see a config option for that, I could just remove
> it from the moin reader.
>
> - some of the pages use moin's newer double-bracket syntax, which my reader doesn't support; easy to add
>
> - {{{ }}} blocks on one line not working, easy to add

Do you think this affects a lot of pages?

Right now I've pushed the converted front page, but I have loads more
conversion patches queued up.  Should I just push them all in now?

My idea is that if you change the converter, you can

 (1) darcs get http://darcs.net/darcs-wiki redo\
     --to-match 'Fix some names that the moin converter mangled'
 (2) re-run the conversion process

 (3) darcs get http://darcs.net/darcs-wiki latest
 (4) cp redo/*.page latest
 (5) cd latest; darcs record

If the converter only changes in small ways, this should result in small
tweak patches. Could this plan work?

> - it's slow. This might be a bit more serious.

This is serious.  I'm willing to lock Moin (leaving it readable) and
point people to http://test.darcs.net for writing anyway.  I think we
can improve this over time.

Thanks,

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9