[darcs-users] another darcs-wiki-on-gitit demo

Simon Michael simon at joyful.com
Wed Apr 15 16:51:24 UTC 2009

More notes from the gitit-moin demo at http://gitit.joyful.com (prior
to reading today's darcs-users):

On Apr 14, 2009, at 4:44 PM, Jason Dagit wrote:
> Is it just me or is gitit serving up blank pages to Google's Chrome
> browser?

That I don't know. The demo has standard gitit template and css except
I fixed the tiny font.

On Apr 14, 2009, at 6:04 PM, Gwern Branwen wrote:
> That's a little odd. Is Gitit turning regular quotes into fancy
> quotes before the rendering of plain-text into HTML?

Yes, something like that. Pandoc has this feature, and Gitit turns it
on. I've now disabled it for moin markup in my gitit.

On Apr 14, 2009, at 4:22 PM, Simon Michael wrote:
> - some of the pages use moin's newer double-bracket syntax, which my
> reader doesn't support; easy to add
>
> - {{{ }}} blocks on one line not working, easy to add

These are now fixed in my pandoc, along with some other issues.

> - it's slow. This might be a bit more serious.

Also, it was using 3% cpu continuously. After running overnight, it
was using 30% continuously (ouch), with 264M resident ram. I don't
think it was serving many requests, I have enabled more verbose
logging now. There were two "HTTP request failed with: <socket: 6>:
hLookAhead: resource vanished (Connection reset by peer)" warnings on
the console, that's probably normal.