[darcs-users] moin to gitit migration - we're flipping the switch soon!

Jason Dagit dagit at codersbase.com
Wed Apr 15 16:53:21 UTC 2009

Thanks Eric et al.

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 6:27 AM, Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net> wrote:

> - Our wiki software is named *git*it even though it's using a darcs
>  repository.  This may be bad marketing, so we'll have to work out
>  a gentle way to dealing with this, probably by reminding folks in
>  the template to darcs get the repo

My preference is to call it a "darcsit" wiki and clearly explain that
it is an official release of gitit that uses darcs instead of git.

> - LICENSING: since we're thinking about it, how about adopting a
>  formal license for all new content?  The haskell.org wiki uses
>  a "simple permissive license" which is the closest practical
>  thing to public domain they could get:

As long as it's compatible with the darcs source license (currently
GPL).  We may want to package the two together at some point and
having them under the same license makes that just a bit more hassle
free.

Jason