[darcs-users] reStructuredText

Lele Gaifax lele at nautilus.homeip.net
Thu Apr 16 11:53:39 UTC 2009

On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 11:56:09 +0200
Daniel Carrera <daniel.carrera at theingots.org> wrote:

> Question: Why are we using reStructuredText?

Because it's great, of course!

> I'm having a hard time converting my work to RTS because Markdown
> accepts HTML content and RTS does not.

reST allows that, even if I dunno if Markdown supports the raw__
directive.

> I use HTML to make the table.

That's the real problem then! :-)

> It is hard and frustrating to make a larger table with multi-line
> code samples using RTS instead of HTML.

Yeah, I know the fealing. Lucky Emacs users may use the excellent
etable__ environment.

ciao, lele.

__ http://docutils.sourceforge.net/docs/ref/rst/directives.html#raw-data-pass-through
__ http://table.sourceforge.net/
--
nickname: Lele Gaifax    | Quando vivrò di quello che ho pensato ieri
real: Emanuele Gaifas    | comincerò ad aver paura di chi mi copia.