[darcs-users] CSS

Daniel Carrera dcarrera at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 09:45:25 UTC 2009

Gwern Branwen wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 10:08 PM, Trent W. Buck <trentbuck at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Daniel Carrera <daniel.carrera at theingots.org> writes:
>>> I don't know about the others, but I find that links have poor
>>> contrast in gitit's default CSS. Especially visited links. I have to
>>> struggle a bit to read them. I propose the following change:
>>>
>>> static/css/screen.css 99
>>> - a:link { text-decoration: underline; color: #36c; }
>>> - a:visited { text-decoration: underline; color: #99c; }
>>> + a:link { text-decoration: underline; color: #43c; }
>>> + a:visited { text-decoration: underline; color: #b3c; }
>> Gwern, I don't have a CSS-capable browser handy.  Can you review (and
>> apply, if necessary) this one?
>
> I've asked Daniel to email a screenshot to the list.

As requested, the attached image shows sample links before and after the
suggested CSS change. You can see that the old :visited links don't
contrast as well with the white background, so I made them purple, which
is another standard colour for visited links. I also made regular links
a tad darker, but that's not so noticeable.

It's not a big change, it's just that I notice things like this.

Cheers,
Daniel.