[darcs-users] Problems with reST + Gitit

Daniel Carrera dcarrera at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 10:24:35 UTC 2009

Hello,

This is really frustrating. The math doesn't work with
reST+gitit/pandoc. How can I document patch theory without subscripts
and superscripts?

I'm having a real issue with reST on gitit. You might list whatever
theoretical features reST has, but those are useless if they are not
implemented in gitit/pandoc. With markdown at least I can write math.

It is also ironic and frustrating that forcing the switch to reST is
actually making my work *less* portable and forcing it to have *more*
HTML because (1) pandoc doesn't support reST properly and (2) reST does
not allow me to mix HTML and reST, so whenever I hit something that
pandoc cannot do but can be done with HTML (e.g. tables) I end up having
to write the whole thing in HTML.

I need to use tables and math. I use tables in the patch theory section
for navigation ('Prev', 'Up' and 'Next' links) and for presentation
(e.g. showing a patch on the left and its effect on the right, or
showing a patch on the left, and its inverse on the right).

Can we please use something (anything) that at least works? I am willing
to learn a new tool, but I want the tool to *work*.

Daniel.