[darcs-users] 2.2.1 tag not in main repo

Petr Rockai me at mornfall.net
Sun Apr 19 09:50:33 UTC 2009

trentbuck at gmail.com (Trent W. Buck) writes:
> But the 2.2.1 release went out to Hackage only, and its tag is not in
> the main repo.  So this technique doesn't work for it.  ISTR there's a
> good reason why the 2.2.1 tag wasn't included in the main repo.  Petr,
> would you remind me what that reason is?
The short story is, that the dual-release thing is a mess. And since there was
no autotool-based 2.2.1, we can't have a tag either I guess, since it's still
the preferred buildsystem, or something. Actually, I would prefer to not talk
about it. The situation will be resolved eventually and tags will start to
match releases again.

Yours Truly.

PS: The tag can't be there also because the cabal version of mainline is still
2.2.0. I'll try to defuxxor that part of the story today, I guess.