[darcs-users] Securing a Remote Repository

Tom Hawkins tomahawkins at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 19:50:45 UTC 2009

Hi,

We use a repository on a remote machine for collaboration between
developers in different locations.  Is there any to secure a remote
repository even if the machine itself is insecure?  In our case, the
remote machine is managed by a 3rd party, not our company.

Could this be simply a matter building scripts on top of darcs (ie.
for encrypting and decrypting patches), or would this have to be built
into darcs itself?  Ideally, the only thing we would like to see saved
on the remote machine is one big encrypted file, with none of the keys
stored on, or sent to the remote machine.

-Tom