[darcs-users] CSS change

Max Battcher me at worldmaker.net
Mon Apr 20 02:55:43 UTC 2009

On Sun, Apr 19, 2009 at 8:08 PM, Trent W. Buck <trentbuck at gmail.com> wrote:
>> How do you get the syntax highlighting? On my computer the code
>> samples are all pure black.
>
> You need to build with kate-highlighting enabled.  IIRC, it's the
> default.  The code blocks need to declare themselves to be of a
> particular language, too.  There is a non-standard extension to reST
> that trac (and others?) have adopted to do this.
>
> "Vanilla" reST provides no way to do it, because David isn't happy with
> adding a feature that is currently only supported for the HTML target --
> it makes the other targets "second-class".

Pygments supports many of the output formats that reST does (and is
easy to extend to new output formats). If we want a "standard" to
propose to John for Pandoc's reST Syntax Highlighting support, the
best bet is probably Sphinx's directives (highlight and code-block and
literalinclude: http://sphinx.pocoo.org/markup/code.html).

--
--Max Battcher--
http://www.worldmaker.net/