[darcs-users] CSS change

Max Battcher me at worldmaker.net
Mon Apr 20 03:24:57 UTC 2009

On Sun, Apr 19, 2009 at 11:12 PM, Trent W. Buck <trentbuck at gmail.com> wrote:
> Max Battcher <me at worldmaker.net> writes:
>> If we want a "standard" to propose to John for Pandoc's reST Syntax
>> Highlighting support, the best bet is probably Sphinx's directives
>> (highlight and code-block and literalinclude:
>> http://sphinx.pocoo.org/markup/code.html).
>
> I haven't looked lately.  Max, can you confirm that Sphinx and Trac both
> use the same source format for typed literal blocks?  If both use the
> same thing, then I'm all for it.

To be honest, Trac's reST support has always seemed to me like an
awkward step-child... I'm not sure that I would use it as a guide for
standardization, but I went and double-checked on it for you.

It appears that Trac does call its directive "code-block" as well, but
does not support the additionally quite useful highlight and
literalinclude directives, so Trac can be considered a subset of the
Sphinx directives here. (Possibly interesting to note that Trac also
provides a code-block role that can be used inline, as well, but it's
another debate entirely on how such a thing should work.)

http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/WikiRestructuredText

--
--Max Battcher--
http://www.worldmaker.net/