[darcs-users] "Static Gitit" site.

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Mon Apr 20 09:44:52 UTC 2009

On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 11:39:26 +0200, Daniel Carrera wrote:
> Given the performance and IO problems we've experienced with gitit, I
> propose that we use a "static gitit" page such as the one produced by my
> script. This would allow us to move forward and make progress until the
> issues with gitit are resolved.

I think we should give darcsit (*) a second chance.

Things have improved a bit during the hackathon: Petr has fixed
--max-count, with which Gwern reports noticeable improvements (0.2s
instead of 3s on one page).  Also, filestore or maybe gitit itself have
recently been improved to avoid calling darcs needlessly.

As I understand it, the current plan is for us to get an instance
running on one of his machines and to see if this works any better for
us.

(*) I keep forgetting that we need to call it that now.

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9