[darcs-users] darcs patch: darcs changes improvements

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Wed Apr 22 18:24:36 UTC 2009

Thanks guys,

Benedikt: your reviewing help is a relief, because I wasn't sure if
we were going to be able to handle the post-sprint pile-up. :-)

If you're interested in some tools that we use for reviewing,
  darcs get http://code.haskell.org/darcs/darcs-team

They could be useful.

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 22:18:09 +0400, Dmitry Kurochkin wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 10:12 PM, Benedikt Schmidt <beschmi at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello Dimitry,

> >> * Do not filter patches in view_changes.
> >
> > Looks OK, but I did not look at the old code in SelectChanges.hs.

I've applied this one

> >> * Do not count patch number in view_changes unless requested.
> >> * Resolve issue1430: lazy pattern matching in (-:-) from Changes
> >>   command module.

And these... (although I wonder if we should say something in the
haddocks about the lazy pattern matching there, or if it could cause any
problems down the road?)

> >> * Make 'darcs changes --summary --only-to-files' print renames.
> >> * Add newline after description and indent changes when
> >>   --only-to-files used.

I've also applied these two

> >> * Fix 'changes --only-to-files' to work with renames.
> >
> > Also looks nice, a comment documenting the returned value
> > by filter_patches_by_names and/or get_changes_info would
> > probably be useful.
>
> This one conflicts with max-count patches and haddock. So I would
> amend it and add comments.

...and will wait for Dmitry's amended version of these

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9