[darcs-users] Website - New Revision

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Thu Apr 23 23:30:22 UTC 2009

On Friday 24 April 2009, Daniel Carrera wrote:
> I don't think that the contents of the patch reordering page are at all
> advanced.

You forget that the target is a new user who has never heard of those
concepts and while they may seem simple and familiar to you, he will find
himself reading about the inner works even before he did read a short
description about why darcs can be a better choice for him.

> I have tested this front page with a user who honestly doesn't know
> about Darcs. The feedback from this informal usability test was quite
> positive.

A flower doesn't make spring. That user is not representative for how
people will view that page. Feel free to only listen to those that praise
your work if that makes you feel better, but in the end it's those that
make observations on what they think that can be made better that will
help you improve it (if you care to listen to them anyway).

> In any case, I can't afford to have another bike shed discussion about
> the front page. I have a lot of work to do, and the website revision
> has already taken a significant amount of my time.

In that case please excuse me for completely misreading the reason why you
posted this to the mailing list and wasting your (and my) time with an
undesired feedback.

--
Dan