[darcs-users] Passing on the RM hat.

Petr Rockai me at mornfall.net
Tue Aug 4 15:41:19 UTC 2009

Hi!

Reinier Lamers <reinier.lamers at gmail.com> writes:
> I am a volunteer. I still have to find out how much time I will
> structurally have for darcs now that I have lost my soul and started a
> full-time job, but managing releases shouldn't be that insanely
> time-consuming.

Awesome, thanks! Indeed, the job should be fine, although it will take more
time during the freeze and release period -- but it should be manageable.

> I think I am available pretty much immediately. I don't know what the
> plans are about 2.3 point releases, but if we can do one or two of
> them together that would make the learning curve tractable.

Sounds like a good plan. I'll first try to document the technicalities, while I
have them in fresh memory (we may even want to write them down in form of a
shell script).

I'll talk to Eric about moving the release branch(es) to darcs.net and giving
you write access to those. You'll probably have to make your first RM decision
about the 2.3.1 schedule and requirements -- when you decide that, we can meet
up as you need to get through the details.

Also, (if you agree) this lands the decision about 2.4 schedule on your head
(see also the GSoC wrap-up thread).

Yours,
   Petr.