[darcs-users] Passing on the RM hat.

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Tue Aug 4 15:53:44 UTC 2009

On Tue, Aug 04, 2009 at 17:41:19 +0200, Petr Rockai wrote:
> > I am a volunteer. I still have to find out how much time I will
> > structurally have for darcs now that I have lost my soul and started a
> > full-time job, but managing releases shouldn't be that insanely
> > time-consuming.
>
> Awesome, thanks! Indeed, the job should be fine, although it will take more
> time during the freeze and release period -- but it should be manageable.

Indeed. Thanks, Reinier!

If you (or anybody else) want to work on convincing your employer to let you
specifically set aside some time to work on Darcs, talk to me.  We can try to
arrange things like logos on sponsor pages as a way of saying thanks (and also
help point out that employees working on open source is an excellent investment
as training if nothing else).

And of course, thanks to Petr as well!  You've put a tremendous amount of
energy into Darcs under the RM hat (I don't imagine that many RMs will, for
example, roll up their sleeves and go fix the Windows build so that we can
ship).  Hopefully you'll continue having fun with Darcs under the
hacker/buildbot wrangler/reviewer hats.

> Also, (if you agree) this lands the decision about 2.4 schedule on your head
> (see also the GSoC wrap-up thread).

Yep.

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9