[darcs-users] GSoC wrap-up mode

Ganesh Sittampalam ganesh at earth.li
Tue Aug 4 18:08:56 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Mon, 3 Aug 2009, Petr Rockai wrote:

> Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net> writes:
>>  - how do we smooth acceptance of hashed-storage patches into darcs
>>    mainline?
>
> One way would be to do a "leap of faith" -- just assume that the code is
> good and shove it in. This isn't very professional, but is probably
> better than a half-hearted review -- it's at least more honest. The
> other possibility is to find volunteers to review the code bit by bit,
> developing understanding of the underlying hashed-storage code. This is
> of course time-consuming and needs the said volunteer -- obviously, I
> can't be that volunteer myself.

Is the situation currently that we don't have a reviewer for the code?
(Sorry, I haven't been keeping up with the precise situation)

If so, I volunteer to review the code. I've spent a couple of hours
looking through it already and I think I have a reasonable understanding
of what's going on. I already have lots of questions/comments that I will
write up in a separate email as soon as I have time.

I also suggest that we make a decision on release plans once some progress
with the review has been made.

Ganesh