[darcs-users] buildbot once again

Zooko Wilcox-O'Hearn zooko at zooko.com
Tue Aug 4 20:07:39 UTC 2009

Way to go!  Good luck getting solid buildbots working.

Honestly, I don't want to point fingers, but I lost motivation to
maintain buildslaves or buildmaster because I perceived the darcs
developers as not caring too much if they broke the tests or if they
wrote code which had no tests.  I am nowadays imbued with the culture
of "test-driven development".  If people write code without first
having a failing test, or if they fix bugs without a regression test
or if they refactor code without having solid coverage, then I get
the strong feeling that their code is destined to be hopelessly buggy.

Anyway, I might contribute more help for the darcs buildbot again in
the future, but not right now -- super busy with other stuff. But, I
will definitely try to give you the benefit of any knowledge that I
have about buildbot config.  I assume you're starting with a copy of
the buildmaster config that Eric Kow and I worked on, right?

Okay, chat later.

--Zooko