[darcs-users] buildbot once again

Trent W. Buck twb at cybersource.com.au
Wed Aug 5 01:09:15 UTC 2009

Matthias Kilian <kili at outback.escape.de> writes:

> Some more test runs may help, because there might be some
> multithreading issues with darcs (or the GHC runtime) on
> OpenBSD. Another good test would be to not run it interactively from a
> shell, but, for example, via at(1) to simulate the tty-less situation
> you usually have in a buildbot.

Another thing I sometimes do to test a command "foo" is

    env -i >/dev/null 2>&1 </dev/null foo

which ought to remove tty-ness as well as all environment variables
(e.g. $HOME and $TERM).  Sticking a "sudo -u nobody" in front also
occurs to me, since sometimes programs use nss to expand ~ instead of
honouring $HOME...